It’s here! The first day of October! For me, this day officially kicks off the fall season. Being that I live in the California Central Valley, this time of year it’s still around 80 degrees. So I usually give myself until October to go in full-fledged Autumn mode. That means, my favorite holidays just are around the corner, the weather is FINALLY getting cooler (slowly, but surely), the leaves are turning colors, burning fall-scented candles and whipping out my favorite boots and scarves.
I decided to compile a list of things I’d like to do this fall:
1. Watch a semi-scary movie every weekend until Halloween (I’m a scaredy-cat, ok. I happily admit it. I cannot stomach scary or gory movies).
2. Make my Halloween costume.
3. Go to a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins for Halloween.
4. Have an autumn-themed girls night with plenty of hot soup, hot chocolate, good movies and laughs.
5. Did I mention hot chocolate already?
6. Try out some new fall-flavored recipes.
7. Take more evening walks.
What are some things you’d like to try this fall?