It’s been a while, but I’m finally done with my spring courses and transitions at work. I am soooo ready for summer! I did play around with the idea of taking a summer course, but I think I need a much needed break. I have a lot of things on my summer To-Do list and I’m determined to knock out…well, most of them, let be realistic!
Summer in the central valley for me means exploring the great outdoors with my Buttercup, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (white peaches and strawberries galore!) and summer movies. It also means more time for family and friends, which I am very much looking forward to. The rest of the year I’m antisocial and introverted due to work and school…ugh.
What are some things you’re looking forward to this summer?
Speaking of which, here are a few things I’m looking forward to. Sadly, both of these collections won’t launch until after summer, but nevertheless, it’s still really exciting!
Joseph Altuzarra for Target, coming to a store near you on September 14th.
And let’s not forget the highly anticipated Alexander Wang collection for H&M launching on November 6th!
I am very happy to announce that Fresno will finally have it’s very own H&M store opening next week on May 29th. I know, we’re finally almost cool! I am very excited and cannot wait for these collections to launch!
Have a great rest of the week and you’ll be seeing more of me this summer 🙂
Summer Image: kswp.org
Happy Earth Day! If you’re not already mean and green, it’s never too late to start. Even small changes can make a big difference in improving the environment and reducing our carbon footprint.
Here are some ways you can be more green:
- Recycle! I have several of these cute bins to help me sort my recyclables. They’re super cute and make recycling more enjoyable.
- Use glass instead of plastic. Not only do glass bottles and containers last longer than plastic containers, but they also don’t contain the toxic chemicals that plastic does.
- Use major appliances like washers/dryers and dishwashers during non-peak hours.
- Go paperless. Convert all your paper bills and statements to e-statements. I find that paying and managing all of my accounts online is much easier and convenient.
- Buy local. Do some research and find out where your local farmer’s markets are. Support your local economy and reduce the amount of greenhouse gases created from products that are flown or shipped in.
- Change your light bulbs to energy-efficient bulbs.
These are just a few examples of how you can make small changes in your life to be more green. There are so many other ways you can contribute! Check out this website or do your own research!
Speaking of green, this green dress from Topshop would be a lovely addition to my closet.
Each night this past week has been getting cooler and cooler and thereby increasing my need for warmer, cozier blankets and hot mugs of liquidy goodness! Some may dread the cooling season, but every year I welcome it with wide open arms.
I’m all about being comfy and mixing textures. There’s a lot neutral colors here, but to that that I say, “Why Not!?” As my style has evolved over the years, I’ve come to realize that maybe I’m just not a super colorful kind of girl. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE color, but I always tend to gravitate toward darks and neutrals. It’s just who I am, and I need to accept it. Here are some things I’m coveting this season. Don’t worry, the list is mentally getting longer and more expensive. But hey, a girl can dream, right?
- Grey Textured Keswick Pants
- Dior Nail Lacquer in “Gris Montaigne”
- An extra foamy Chai Latte, my favorite fall drink!
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Train Bleu”
- Ella Moss Sequin Trousers
- Zara Coat
- FreePeople Jersey Lounge Dress
It’s here! The first day of October! For me, this day officially kicks off the fall season. Being that I live in the California Central Valley, this time of year it’s still around 80 degrees. So I usually give myself until October to go in full-fledged Autumn mode. That means, my favorite holidays just are around the corner, the weather is FINALLY getting cooler (slowly, but surely), the leaves are turning colors, burning fall-scented candles and whipping out my favorite boots and scarves.
I decided to compile a list of things I’d like to do this fall:
1. Watch a semi-scary movie every weekend until Halloween (I’m a scaredy-cat, ok. I happily admit it. I cannot stomach scary or gory movies).
2. Make my Halloween costume.
3. Go to a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins for Halloween.
4. Have an autumn-themed girls night with plenty of hot soup, hot chocolate, good movies and laughs.
5. Did I mention hot chocolate already?
6. Try out some new fall-flavored recipes.
7. Take more evening walks.
What are some things you’d like to try this fall?
I know I’ve been slacking off on my blog, but work has been extremely busy and stressful the past few weeks. I can only hope that this shall pass.
In the mean time, I’m dreaming of exotic and far away places while I’m stuck in the office. I came across this video from my friend Row’s blog and fell in love with it. How awesome is that!? Enjoy!